CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 12, 2011

So Raw...

My dad passed away suddenly on April 22, 2011.  I don't think anyone is ever prepared to lose a parent, but with no warning, he was gone and I have so much left I needed to say to him.   So much I just assumed I would have more time to do with him.  I grieve those lost moments.


There really are no words to describe the wave of emotions I've been on for the past 2 and a half weeks, but the exhaustion and the stress of it all is catching up with me.  I don't think I'm ready to blog about all the details just yet, but I do want to remind myself that my dad is in Heaven and I will see him again one day.  I also feel the need to remind myself that I am not alone and that God will carry me and my family through this. 

I have known for quite some time that there are things I need to stop ignoring and take action on in my life...there's nothing like losing a loved one to bring that to the forefront, I just really struggle with knowing how to fix all the things I feel have been so messed up.  So I guess my thoughts are also consumed by this need to change things.

If you are reading this and there are things left unsaid between you and your loved ones, don't wait.  You are never guaranteed your next breathe.

0 comments: