CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sad Ending...

The person responsible for the murder of Officer David Crawford has been arrested...a 16 year old boy.  Sixteen.  What were you doing at sixteen?  I was hanging out with my girlfriends, had mad crushes on a few boys, went to football and basketball games and cheered for my school.  I was in show choir and the band.  I went to church with my family and had family meals around the dinner table.  We had curfews, chores and lots of rules. 

I didn't run around with a bad crowd...I think my teen rebellion took me so far as to sneak out to a movie or a school dance.  I didn't play with guns and I certainly wasn't walking the streets on a Monday night with one in my pocket, and shooting a law enforcement officer NEVER would have crossed my mind.  What is this world coming to? 

Our communities are broken...but I feel with all my heart the answer to this mayhem is Jesus.  Society has tried to remove Him from all that we do and all that we are exposed to and now we are surely suffering for it.  I feel for the family of this 16 year old boy and it saddens me to know that this boys life is over too; but he should spend the rest of his life in prison for this crime. 

My heart aches for the family of Officer Crawford and all the members of the LEO community tonight.  May they begin the healing process knowing a killer is off the streets.  God please comfort and protect those out tonight protecting us.

0 comments: